Header Ads

Poetry: If I Was A Girl

Hey! Bonjour.  Welcome to July, it's still the beginning of the month, so I can tell you Happy new month, right? .Yes.  This month has a lot in stock for you. You will laugh, take in a breath of freshness and take on the world. Its the begininig of another half of the year that will be filled with accomplishments and joy. Take care of you and have a beautiful July. 


If I was a girl (I am a girl and unapologetically so), 

I wouldn't demand from him what he cannot give,

(Some emptiness , only GOD Can fill), 

(Some cravings , only GOD Can fulfill), 

(Some walls , only GOD Can break down), 

(Some baggage, only GOD Can shade), 

 So, I won't expect him to do them. 

I am a girl, 

So, I won't string him along, 

If I really can't see him in my future, 

I won't keep him as my Central Bank, 

But he can make free will donations😀, 

I won't reject a gift of books and ice cream

He brings "nothing", I bring "nothing", 

We will have "everything"  and will build an empire. 

I am a girl, 

So, i won't allow him to text and call always

We will share the responsibility, 

Of caring, respecting, valuing and loving, 

I won't see his tears as weakness, 

I won't insist him to be strong always, 

I would be okay to be his eyes when he can't see, 

Be his legs when he can't walk, 

Fight with him, not over him. 

Build him with prayers, 

Not pull him down with naggings. 

I am a girl, 

I won't be overly jealous when i see him with other girls, 

I would choose to trust him, 

I would chose faithfulness to him, 

And believe it's been reciprocated, 

I won't insist he talks to me alone, 

His world shouldn't revolve around me, 

He should have a life. 

I am a girl 

And I won't settle for a mediocre man, 

Cause I am developing myself extensively, 

The man ought to be worthy of my honour and respect, 

I am submitting to him

So, he better have a large vision to accommodate mine

He should be a king

Cos I'm a queen

And would treat him as that

Just like he will treat me thus

There are still a lot I will do

A lot more than you can imagine

Because they say women are weaker

But we are stronger

Always has been, always will be

I am a woman

A reflector, multiplier, builder, life giver, an enhancer. 

Why don't you just come along (when it's time)

And I will be all these and many more

A full expression of womanhood. 

Yes. I'm a growing African woman

The exquisite creation of GOD. 

Read Also: If I Was A Man


No comments