Header Ads

Husband Arrested in Fatal Beating of Man Who Tried to Rape His Wife


A New York City man has been charged with manslaughter after beating to death a man who had just attacked his wife inside their home.

According to the New York Post, 61-year-old Mamadou Diallo, received a call Monday night from his wife after 43-year-old Earl Nash broke into their home and attempted to rape her.


The woman was able to break free after her clothes had been torn off and call her husband, who was out at the time.

Police said Diallo ran inside and found Nash in a hallway of the Bronx apartment building, where he beat him severely with a tire iron.

Nash was rushed to a nearby hospital but did not survive his injuries.

Diallo was quickly taken into custody and now faces a manslaughter charge.

Diallo, a livery driver from Guinea, was photographed being led out of a police precinct in handcuffs Tuesday morning.

"He threatened my wife," Diallo told reporters.

According to DNAInfo, Nenagale Diallo opened the door when Nash knocked, thinking it was one of her kids.

She said Nash forced his way in and told her that he was going to rape her. She said Nash struck her repeatedly in the head, including with a chair as he tore her clothes off.

At one point, she was able to break free and run to the door, where she screamed for help before Nash grabbed her again.

DNAInfo reported:

Police said Nenegale's sister helped to pull Nash off of her, and Nenegale managed to grab her phone in the fray.

"I took my phone and saw my husband's number first. I pressed the number. I made a loud noise, screaming, 'Please, help me! Help me! Call the police!' Then he slapped me again. The phone fell, but I was making noise so my husband could hear the noise," she said.

It took Mamadou about 20 minutes to return home, Nenegale estimated.

Nash had reportedly been arrested more than a dozen times since 1997.

Source: Fox Insider

No comments